Sheriff Asks Drivers to Prepare For Winter Weather, Offers Tips
A local sheriff’s office is asking drivers to prepare for winter weather as the first snow starts to stick.
According to the Cheboygan County Sheriff, deputies responded to this one vehicle rollover on I-75 Thursday.
A 64 year-old Traverse City man was driving a his pickup when he lost control and ran off
the roadway into the ditch.
He then rolled over, landing back on his wheels.
The man was uninjured, but the sheriff says that speed and conditions were factors.
He’s asking drivers across our area to:
- slow down and allow yourself extra time.
- Check your tires, engine oil, antifreeze, and brakes before driving.
- Lightly pump your breaks to slow .
- And use low beams in snow storms.
- Buckle up, and make sure your passengers do too.
- Allow yourself plenty of braking space in snowy weather.
- Use extreme caution when driving down unplowed roads.
- Pull off the road if you’re tired or if outside conditions worsen
- If you break down, don’t venture more than 100 yards from your vehicle to seek help