Police Release More Details In Death of Employee at Traverse City Denny’s
We have more information from the investigation after a man was found unresponsive in a restaurant’s bathroom
Shortly before midnight Wednesday, Grand Traverse County deputies were called to the Denny’s in Traverse City along with emergency medical units.
They had been told that management found of the employees unresponsive in the bathroom.
When they arrived deputies say it appeared to be an accidental overdose.
Deputies used naloxone and started CPR in an attempt to resuscitate the victim, but those efforts were unsuccessful.
The victim has been identified as 36-year-old Jerald Friedgen, from Tawas.
He had recently moved to Traverse City.
On Thursday detectives identified a person of interest.
He was arrested with an unrelated warrant from downstate and questioned.
Police searched a home in Traverse City that evening where they collected evidence and a woman was arrested.
Friday morning detectives arrested another man on a parole violation during the continued course of the investigation.
Authorities are still waiting for toxicology reports to confirm which drugs were involved.
However they suspect fentanyl is in products that have been recently sold has heroin.
Fentanyl is a potent opioid that can be fatal even in small doses.
While keeping in mind that any drug use is illegal, the sheriff’s office would like to warn those in the area that have purchased what they think is heroin to not use it because it could contain fentanyl.
The investigation into Friedgen’s death is ongoing.