Firefighters Warn of Carbon Monoxide Dangers After Responding to Home
Firefighters are reminding residents about the dangers of carbon monoxide after responding to a home filled with the gas.
On Wednesday, crews met homeowners who were unsure if their detectors were broken and reported that nothing seemed wrong inside.
Firefighters quickly found elevated levels of carbon monoxide just within the front door.
The house was evacuated and the crew donned full breathing protection before isolating the problem to a malfunctioning gas stove.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be emitted from gas appliances.
Crews reported the stove was pumping lethal amounts of the gas into the home.
Firefighters say there would have been a different result if this homeowner did not have a functioning carbon monoxide alarm.
They also warn that it is critical that you have proper protection, and rely on your local firefighters for advice and assistance.